Thursday, March 13, 2014

When You Wish Upon A Star...

Happy almost spring everyone!! 

Shortly before Valentines Day I began a project for a young man (Andrew) who found me through my Etsy shop. He found my products to be unique.

Andrew was going to propose to his girlfriend for Valentine's Day in a hot air balloon. He wanted to make the day special in every way. He explained that his girlfriend loves Disney movies and wanted to incorporate a Disney theme to their day. Andrew's idea was to give his girlfriend Disney themed cards throughout the day. Andrew narrowed it down to four Disney movie themes.
Cindarella (of course), Anastasia, Aladdin, and Rapunzel.





Below are the fronts of the Aladdin and Rapunzel cards.







As soon as I began the project I was immediately excited. Andrew wanted a magical day for his girlfriend, and what is more magical than Disney and fairytales? I loved the concept and enjoyed working on this project! Thanks Andrew!

With each card I wanted to stay true to the Disney theme, while creating a unique and sophisticated design to capture the moment for Andrew and his girlfriend.

For the front of each card I decided to have a castle/tower, this gives a little reminder of the fairytale behind each concept. Below you can see the Cinderella Castle.




Inside of each card I have a 3-D rendering that is sophisticated, unique, and a bit modern while keeping with the Disney theme.


 Below you can see the 3-D rendering for the Rapunzel card. A sophisticated and elegant room with a city view to give a feel for the Rapunzel story.





Here you can see the interior of the Cinderella and Aladdin cards. Notice the hot air balloons in place of magic carpets for the Aladdin card, very fitting don't you think? Also, the carriage for the Cinderella card gives sophistication without loosing the theme.







When drawing the front castle of the Anastasia card I had the idea of  Russian nesting dolls (matryoshka dolls) that open into one another. The interior picture overlooks Saint Basil's Cathedral in
Moscow.







This was a fabulous and fun project and I was happy to work with Andrew to make his special day complete. Please contact me directly for more information on Jessica Benari Designs and keep reading, I have more exciting projects and design information to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment