Wednesday, October 23, 2013

2013 Christmas Card!!!!!

I am so proud to debut my new Christmas card for 2013! This year I am excited to announce my card will be available for purchase at Olive That in Montclair, NJ. It will also be available for purchase through the internet, please email me at jessebenari@yahoo.com, custom orders are also available.

Each year I like to change the shape of the card, this year it is a Z shaped card. This design allows for more images to be seen on just one card. I drew the front of the card by hand and rendered it with colored pencils, markers, and metallic pens. The reason I wanted to draw this by hand was so I could have a soft quality to balance out the crisp computer renderings inside. The idea of the front of this card is that the viewer is entering a door from the exterior of a house into a elegant holiday scene. As an interior architect I am always fascinated by not only the interior spaces I design, but the exterior spaces as well.


Above is the hand drawing for the front of my 2013 Holiday Card.




I specialize in 3D computer renderings and 3 years ago I decided to put these skills into designing a line of holiday cards. All images are renderings that I built, designed, and added materials to create a window into a world that has not been built. Computer renderings are a phenomenal tool to use to illustrate a design concept to clients. Any object or material that you find can be translated into the 3D program so you can make any rendering as detailed as possible, as you will see below.


This year I decided to design a dining room for the holiday space. As a designer dining rooms are one of my favorite spaces to put together. I consider myself to be a foodie and I believe it is not only the food that is served that creates an experience, but the space that you enjoy it as well.


Designing this space was really fun and I selected really great products to use - see below.



The mirrors above the consoles are from Neimann Marcus. I love the shape and the nailhead detail along the edge. Mirrors are a great way to add light and reflection to a space. 



The lamps on the console, designed by Jessica Benari, are finished in lacquered white and gold. I paired the lamp with a funky shade to add a contrast. Pairing a lamp with shades other than white is a great way to brighten a space. Try it at home! I also added tall glass bowls filled with Christmas bulbs, all different colors - such a fun way to add holiday cheer. 



The console table is from Restoration Hardware, simple but elegant. For the rendering I finished the table in white. Even if you like the shape of a table but the finish is not right, keep an open mind because you can always have it refinished! 



The dining table is from Williams Sonoma Home, the rustic wood table is a perfect match for the space. 




For the window treatments I used a blue zebra pattern fabric from Cowtan and Tout. I love using animal print fabrics it adds a bit of fun to a space. I always like to use faux materials as opposed to using real products, it is uneecessary due to how many sustainable products are available. The Greek key trim is from Samuel and Sons, it is added on the lead edge of the window treatments. Trim can be used on anything from window treatments, pillows, carpets, and furniture. Trims come in hundreds of colors patterns and widths - you can also customize your own as well. 



For the walls above the wainscoting I used a Phillips Jeffries natural wallcovering. I love this company their products are so wonderful and the options are endless. This wallpaper adds a subtle texture and color to the wall, it warms the space. Using architectural elements such as wainscoting and a bold crown molding adds an architectural element on the interior that grounds the space. I painted the wainscoting and trim in Benjamin Moore - Midnight Oil. I used a high gloss finish for the paint so the trim and wainscoting both have a shine to them, it is a great contrast to the natural wallcovering. I also used a wallcovering on the ceiling - I love using wallpaper on the ceiling it adds so much flare.



The wood floors in the space are finished with a dark stain. For the carpet I used a sisal rug finished in chocolate brown. Sisal is a great carpet option it is durable, elegant, and a good price point. 


Rendered view close up of the table setting, chandelier, and ornament wreath on the wall. Table setting is from Williams Sonoma Home. 



For the dining chairs I combined 2 fabrics, both from Donghia. One fabric for the seat back and another for the seat cushion and exterior back. Using multiple fabrics on upholstered furniture adds style to any simple piece!



Rendered close up view of table lamps, mirror, and holiday decor. 




Rendered view of console and fireplace. Photograph art above the fireplace of the white owl is the perfect compliment to the style of the room. Sconces left and right are finished in distressed silver metal. Stocking with candy canes and candles at the fireplace at to the holiday cheer of the space. 



Rendered close up of table and table setting. Candle holders and white candles create the perfect center piece. I love the combination of gold and silver on the rustic wood table. 



Rendered overall view of the right side of the room. I used this rendering in my 2013 holiday card. 


Rendered overall view of the left side of the room. This was also included in my holiday card this year. 




The final product! Different finishes are available for the card - this is the silver. Gold, silver, blue, and red are available!



The image above is to show the Z shape of the card. On one side is the front door/cover and one rendering, the facing side is the other rendering and space to for a message to be written. Folded card is from envelopes.com, they have great products. 



Interior view - the image is split in the middle to allow the fold of the card. 



Front of card with the blue finish. 




Interior view of card - again the image is split down the middle to allow for the fold in the card. The blank panel is where the message is to be written.

Please contact me with any questions, comments, orders, and requests! 


No comments:

Post a Comment